Thursday, October 8, 2009

feeling sick ??- art's the way to express it

I guess between today fighting the latest bug given to me by my students that keeps roving around my body like a swarm of furious ants - and being LIVID about the state of health care - i figured the next science /art topic of interest to me might be illness and art.



MENTAL ILLNESS AND ART
There are a lot of approaches to this.  One of the most current hot topics related to illness and art is Mental Illness.  I found this lovely little blog:  PANIC:  Mental Illness in Art
and although I think it could go further  - I like the images

"The Maze" is by William Kurelek.


Cancer and Art



AIDS AND ART


Ross Bleckner

"Falling Birds Suite of4                      Images taken from:  http://www.artbrokerage.com/art/bleckner_8338/Ross_Bleckner_Falling_Birds_Suite_of_4


Limited Edition Print
Suite of 4 Hand-painted Digital Inkjet Prints
2002









Felix Gonzalez Torres





No comments:

Post a Comment