Monday, September 7, 2009

Tiffany Bozic - art, science and a touch of that viseral desire when seeing a museum collection

 
All this work on this post is by Tiffany Bozic Not all of the images (almost none of them) have the title and date, medium.. making me feel bonkers, so as we find them, let me know.
Thank you Cindy for sending this artist my way.  Definitely for you painters, illustrators and those engrossed in the idea of collections.  I LOVE her installations, but that's my bias of course. 
 
 (from the Very cool web site - "Lostate Minor"
I love this piece above, noting the similarity in forms, almost a crazy sort of convergence of the curled forms of mollusks (and in this case, crustaceans)  and the tiny ear bone of the human body.  This relates well to the Chapter 3 in "Stuffed Animals and Pickled Heads; the Culture and Evolution of Natural History Museums" by Stephen T. Asma.  You can read Chapter 1 here (click me!)
http://books.google.com/books?id=HI1lwcvd6zgC&lpg=PP1&dq=stuffed%20animals%20and%20pickled%20heads&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=&f=false
Chapter 3 is what you want though.  Chapter 1 is a really great "How To....  Lots on those flesh eating Beatles we saw at the science museum.
Anyway, I really love Ms. Bozic's installations over everything else, so make sure you check out the actual link to her web site.  Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment